Super Visa Insurance Eligibility
Determine your eligibility
To apply for the parent and grandparent super visa, you must:
- be the parent or grandparent of a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada,
- be allowed to enter Canada and
- meet certain other conditions.
Note: You cannot include dependants in this application. Only your spouse or common-law partner can come with you under this visa.
Visa officers consider several things before they decide if you can come to Canada. You must be a real visitor to Canada who will leave by choice at the end of your visit. A visa officer will look at these things when you apply:
- your ties to your home country,
- the purpose of your visit,
- your family and finances,
- the overall economic and political stability of your home country, and
- an invitation from a Canadian host.
You must also:
- prove that your child or grandchild in Canada meets a minimum income threshold,
- provide a written statement from that child or grandchild that he or she will give you financial support,
- have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage for at least one year and
- have an immigration medical exam.
You may not need a temporary resident visa to visit Canada, depending on your citizenship. But, even if you are visa exempt, you may still benefit from the parent and grandparent super visa program.